The Portuguese football federation revealed the superstar is symptom-free, but has been dropped from the team roster for Wednesday’s meeting with Sweden in Lisbon.
The Athens 2004 Olympian is said to be doing well and not experiencing any symptoms, though it was not clear when he had tested positive.
He played twice last week for Portugal, including on Sunday in a UEFA Nations League match versus France.
Because of the positive test, he’s been dropped from the roster for this week’s (14 October) Nations League match between Portugal and Sweden, set for Wednesday in Lisbon.
No other members of the Portuguese national team have tested positive, though another round of tests were underway. Ronaldo snapped this photo (above) with the team out to dinner, which was posted on Monday.
Ronaldo has been removed from the team’s training camp and is said to be in self-isolation, according to the Portuguese football federation.
The 35-year-old should be in the clear to re-join Juventus when it takes on Barcelona on 28 October (in 15 days). New rules in Italy, where the game is set to be held, require a 10-day quarantine after testing positive.