The number of Indian athletes participating in the Summer Olympic Games has seen a rise in each of its past three editions and all signs point to the nation’s finest continuing that trend at Tokyo 2020.
60 Indian athletes have already earned a quota for next year’s showpiece event in Japan, with many more in contention to book their place. Below is the list of every Indian that has qualified for Tokyo 2020, sorted by their sport, discipline and category that they have qualified in:
- Tarundeep Rai, Men’s Recurve, Individual
- Atanu Das, Men’s Recurve, Individual
- Pravin Jadhav, Men’s Recurve, Individual.
The trio will also compete as a team at Tokyo 2020.
- KT Irfan, 20km race walking, Individual.
2. Avinash Sable, 3000m Steeplechase, Individual.
3. Muhammed Anas, VK Vismaya, Krishna Mathew and Noah Nirmal, 4x400 Mixed Relay, Team.
- Men’s National Team
- Women’s National Team.
This will be the 20th Olympic appearance for the Indian men’s hockey team, while the women’s side will be making their third and second in succession. Each team will carry a contingent of 16 to Tokyo 2020.
1. Anjum Moudgil, 10m Women’s Air Rifle, Individual
2. Apurvi Chandela, 10m Women’s Air Rifle, Individual
3. Divyansh Singh Panwar, 10m Men’s Air Rifle, Individual
4. Deepak Kumar, 10m Men’s Air Rifle, Individual
5. Tejaswini Sawant, 50m Women’s Rifle 3 Position, Individual
6. Sanjeev Rajput, 50m Men’s Rifle 3 Position, Individual
7. Aishwarya Pratap Singh Tomar, 50m Men’s Rifle 3 Position, Individual
8. Manu Bhaker, 10m Women’s Air Pistol, Individual
9. Yashaswini Singh Deswal, 10m Women’s Air Pistol, Individual
10. Saurabh Chaudhary, 10m Men’s Air Pistol, Individual
11. Abhishek Verma, 10m Men’s Air Pistol, Individual
12. Rahi Sarnobat, 25m Women’s Pistol, Individual
13. Chinki Yadav, 25m Women’s Pistol, Individual
14. Angad Veer Singh Bajwa, Men’s Skeet, Individual
15. Mairaj Ahmad Khan, Men’s Skeet, Individual.
1. Vinesh Phogat, Women’s Freestyle 53 kg, Individual
2. Bajrang Punia, Men’s Freestyle 65 kg, Individual
3. Ravi Kumar Dahiya, Men’s Freestyle 57 kg, Individual
4. Deepak Punia, Men’s Freestyle 86 kg, Individual.